ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

What CRT TV Screens have people used

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scalesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What CRT TV Screens have people used
    Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 10:48pm
I have a Thrill Drive 2 single seat cab.
And I want to replace the 29 inch screen with a tv with scart to make the project easier? What have people used in the past? Pc monitor or crt tv?

Also the pdf Thrill Drive 2 manual says the screen is a 29" monitor?
But when I measure it diagonal there is only 28" visable? Is it a 28 or 29??

Scalesy

Edited by Scalesy - 14 Jun 2018 at 10:48pm
deano76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deano76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 3:25pm
To confirm the size of the monitor already in your cab check the back of the CRT tube for a label with a number on, if its starts A66 it's 28", if it's A68 then thats a 29"
big10p View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 3:45pm
CRTs are measured right from the edge of the tube, not just the actual display area, so it probably is 29" if the visible area is 28".
John Bennett View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 4:02pm
Did anyone do a PC CRT monitor in 29” 4:3? You’d imagine it’d need a reinforced floor if it did exist.
If it’s 15kHz, then a CRT TV is the obvious option.
What’s up with the screen in there now?

http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).
Scalesy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scalesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 4:30pm
Bit pink

And also been trying to connect a Arcade vga 5000 card and J pac etc and I've lost the will to live with it!

Matt

Edited by Scalesy - 15 Jun 2018 at 4:30pm
jinq-sea View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinq-sea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 4:37pm
Surely you're better off getting the chassis serviced, or at the very least checking the chassis on another tube to make sure the tube is OK? Seems a huge waste to ditch it, and if you're doing 15kHz on a TV you'll face the same issues with the ArcadeVGA and the J-Pac.

/2pw
JonTron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 6:55pm
I have a Scart tv in my Jamma cab. I use a Jamma to Scart adapter. Here's a link

Maybe no right for you as i dont know if the game is Jamma but Scart tv's offer a good solution until you can fix the chassis or get new monitor. Also, if you get one with a remote then you can get to the service menu and make all the necessary adjustments.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic