ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

What's your coin op game of the week?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 9:11pm
Dusting off more of my Neo-Geo MVS games and this week it's Robo Army. The metalic sounds in the game are ultra realistic and it plays very well too. Some would say it's a copy of Capcom's Final Fight...

"The Future Is Now"
karlcdoe View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karlcdoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 12:26pm
Paperboy: managed to keep it working long enough that I finally stand some chance of completing 'hard way'....
Mark H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 4:14pm
I'm back on Nam-1975 one of the first games I played on the Neo-Geo. Gret sound track and effects and if you like Cabal you will love this...

"The Future Is Now"
thermal_treasure View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thermal_treasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 10:08pm
^^^amazing game Nam, one of the best on the system!

Completely addicted to Kickle Cubicle (Meiky?jima), fantastic puzzle game by Irem. No doubt the PCB is rare as, playing it in mame currently.
Dataeastfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dataeastfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by thermal_treasure thermal_treasure wrote:

^^^amazing game Nam, one of the best on the system!

Completely addicted to Kickle Cubicle (<span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"><b style="font-style: italic;">Meiky?jima)</span>, fantastic puzzle game by Irem. No doubt the PCB is rare as, playing it in mame currently.

I followed this on an eBay auction recently....ended at around £150 (iirc)
Original irem board.
Mark H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 8:56pm
This weeks it's ASO 2 (Alpha Mission 2). This was the first game I played on the Neo-Geo and then I was hooked !!! It still stands up well today with some great scolling a sounds effects. 

"The Future Is Now"
Dataeastfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dataeastfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 9:05pm
Rastan Saga <3

(Wont sync on my crt...but...stable image with interference on LCD)
Just doing the best I can until I get a cab.

I still can't get stage 3 down!!
LewisGamer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LewisGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 6:32pm

Been attempting to improve my Wind Jammer skills, and pushing my 1credit’s worth on Captain Commando. How do people 1CC this game?! I went through it with continues, and the final boss is just unfair!!!

Independent games store owner and EX-organizer of Retro Games Night at the Batcave! I now do nothing but weep into my pillow at night... Sometimes I wake up in a pool of sweat, you weren't there man!
Mark H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 7:49pm
Hi All - I'm still going through my Neo-Geo MVS games and Blazing Star is one for this week. This is a beautiful game and one of the best horizontally scrolling shoot 'em ups out there ! I first saw this game in an arcade in Portugal in 1998 and I was truly blown away by the graphics. They do have a certain charm to them and are a bit like the Progear by Capcom/Cave. Certainly give this a go and this is one of the best games on MVS too. 

"The Future Is Now"
Mark H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 10:07am
It's Centipede this week and I still can't beat 50,000 ! This is a rock hard game, do not be put off by the cute coloured graphics, this is a brutal game when it speeds up and the rollerball makes it extra special to play though and this gets the most game play out of my three cabs at the moment...

"The Future Is Now"
DanP View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 11:25am
Agree, great game and hard as nails.   Similarly I think I still can't beat 50k!   This isn't a bad thing, keeps you coming back for more!
Robotgreg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robotgreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 11:46am
I've been getting into Centipede after not having played much for absolutely ages.  High score before was 191k, was getting very close and then had 255k:)

Hoping to better that now but only one game played since.
kidyamlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 3:46am
Two solid days of ACAM at Funspot in New Hampshire with Mr Missile Command TT and it's a toss-up between Zoo Keeper - which I've always loved but not had the chance to play much of until recently - and new discovery Tunnel Hunt (Centuri / Atari) which is almost like a precursor to Stun Runner meets the Death Star trench run on acid; complete with ubiquitous Tie-Fighter. So good.

Edited by kidyamlo - 08 Nov 2018 at 3:47am
Read: https://bit.ly/2AJEpV7 / Wanted: Pole Position 2 Irish dedicated mini (preferably a project, but anything considered); Sigma Spiders cabaret
Mark H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 9:59am
Hi All - I'm back on Asteroids - this is a killer of a game - my favourite game of all time - hard as nails too. I've had this since 2014 and it's a keeper !

"The Future Is Now"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic