ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Why do some cabs never come up for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jase38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 12:31pm
Aaah Planet Harriers.  I had a slight obsession with this game.  I remember being amazed by the pics in Edge magazine, but never saw the game in any arcade.  I read somewhere that fifty something units were released world wide.  A handful of machines did actually make it to these shores, but I've only ever seen one come up for sale.

In the end I imported the board from America and had a custom panel made up, using parts from a Planet Harriers panel.

mysticmonk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 12:51pm
Theres a prop cycle in some place im scavenging around. Not often you see them.

Another one I'd add to the list is the virtua racing upright cabinet, didn't know it existed until I saw it in front of me.

Another one I've never seen (but knew about at least) is Jurassic park lost world upright. Plenty of the deluxe sit-in versions though.
steling1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steling1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 12:55pm
Yeah that ECA was sold about this time last year or so and I was the one who bought it, I bought it off J+ but I am certain it was listed on here too...

I had never seen ECA in any Arcade either back in the day and the one I bought is in the best used condition I have ever seen a model 3 cab in (people who have ever bought a well used Daytona 2 will know what I am talking about lol) so I would doubt this one I got has ever seen an arcade either.

I get the impression that game was much more popular in Japan than here.
steling1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steling1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 12:57pm
Its a bit of a funny game too, if you don't get the patient to the hospital in time you hear the patient say "i dont want to die" and get a flat line sound....
deanzor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deanzor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 2:02pm
Steveylou View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveylou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by jase38 jase38 wrote:

Aaah Planet Harriers.  I had a slight obsession with this game.  I remember being amazed by the pics in Edge magazine, but never saw the game in any arcade.  I read somewhere that fifty something units were released world wide.  A handful of machines did actually make it to these shores, but I've only ever seen one come up for sale.

In the end I imported the board from America and had a custom panel made up, using parts from a Planet Harriers panel.

Nice! Have you still got that cab?

What's the game like?
Tedward View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tedward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 3:57pm
There is an awful lot of Sega/Namco/Konami stuff from the 90's that never comes up for sale usually, Sega in particular did so many unique and interesting games around this point. For example Cool Riders, a bizarre OutRun/Hang-On hybrid. Only ever seen one at Fantasy World in Cleethorpes and I'm not sure even two have come up for sale before.

clarkey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 4:00pm

Everytime I see this I get a little more jealous.
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Alpha1 Alpha1 wrote:

I loved Prop Cycle - most have been scrapped. The CRT one is the one you would want if you can find it.

Stern Smile
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Badlands & Champ sprint TG mame WR holder
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 8:22pm
That naomi conversion is nice

Yes i remember some loverly weird cabs from the large arcades in the 90s that i havent seen since
But i guess ops would spend money on large delux cabs then because they made money back

At one time there were so many lethal enforcers cabs around
Then scud race /sega rally /daytona
It makes sence that as thing leave arcades there will be more for sale currently seems like daytona 2 is the cab thats avaliable

What happened to all of the black and white games and all of the cool electro mechanical shooting galleries that used to be in every seaside arcade

The classics being built in larger numbers would explain why there is allways a pac man or space invaders for sale

Ive just thought of another 2 that i have seen in an arcade once but never seen for sale
Sega bass fishing and a namco game where you had to sit in a dingy and paddle

I had also not seen a stand up virtua racing untill last weeks photos it was allways the giant square twin cab with the siver marquee

Sad that so many nice cabs got crushed and wont be seen again :(

Edited by robotech - 12 Oct 2018 at 8:24pm
were meeting g over there
jase38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jase38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Steveylou Steveylou wrote:

Nice! Have you still got that cab?

What's the game like?

Yep I've still got it.  It took me a long time to source all the parts and was definitely worth it.  I think it's awesome!  It plays slower than Space Harrier, and the lock-on laser feature reminds me of Rez.  The Hikaru powered graphics are stunning.  Visual highlights include the herd of dinosaur type creatures on level 1 and storming through the autumn forests on level 2.  One nice touch is how your revived by the Opa-Opa from Fantasy Zone when you continue, very cool!

Originally posted by clarkey clarkey wrote:

Everytime I see this I get a little more jealous.

Haha I could say the same thing about your OutRun Deluxe. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic