ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Wanted
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WTB Sega Net City control panel and instr space
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

WTB Sega Net City control panel and instr space

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsmeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB Sega Net City control panel and instr space
    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 5:19am
Hi

Want to buy a WTB Sega Net City control panel as well as the instruction space above it if possible.

I'm looking for a control panel with joysticks, buttons and wiring harness so I can just plug it into the Net City...

Preferably with the orange type of overlay.

Anyone?

davey d View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 7:03am
I thought that photo looked familiar - Its a photo I took of a machine when I was selling it a few years ago sat in my garage LOL
itsmeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsmeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 7:15am
Cool... Took a pick using Google :-)

Did you buy the control panel and/or overlay somewhere or did it come with the machine?
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 8:54am
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
davey d View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 9:18am
Originally posted by itsmeden itsmeden wrote:

Cool... Took a pick using Google :-)

Did you buy the control panel and/or overlay somewhere or did it come with the machine?

I bought it brand new from Giz10p a few years ago, but they have long since sold out of them Unhappy
itsmeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsmeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:07am
Thanks

Using these overlays I assume I can use any control panel from e.g. Sega Blast City, New Net City and moee right?

davey d View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:42am
I'm not sure on the Blast City layout, but Naomi, Net City, and New Net City are all the same (Hot2005 panel which is the 2L12B)

The Astro City is definitely different (but if you are using a repro overlay with no holes pre cut it wont matter)

I do sell stainless Repro panels for these too for £28 + delivery:

Edited by davey d - 31 Oct 2018 at 10:43am
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 11:15am
Mine are cut to HOT-2005 shape. I do the outer shape and coach bolt holes but not the button holes as there are so many different configurations.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
itsmeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsmeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 6:41pm
Was there any original/typical color/colors used for joystick and buttons or?

Anyone knows?
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 12:01am
Sega have been using Green for player 1 and Pink for player 2 for many years.
Before this, they used Red for player 1 and Blue / Cyan for player 2, on cabs like the Aero City.

So in truth you get a mix of all of these in varying combos:

With the yellow CPO, white or black do look pretty nice:

By the days of the New Net City, despite everything going mono / silver / grey / black, it seems red and blue were 'official' again!

I'd just do whatever you think fits nicely with the control panel overlay.

WTD: OutrunDLX, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Wonderboy pcb
Parts WTD: Naomi wheels, Dino King Door metal clip
VIDEOTRONICSUK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VIDEOTRONICSUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 7:52pm
i have these copy panels if any use

http://videotronicsuk.com/29-2-player-control-panel.html
www.videotronicsuk.com
paypal.me/mahammed
itsmeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsmeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:11pm
Thanks for the pics and reasoning... I thought about this today and thought I will go for white and red...
rcantor77 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Candy Kid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcantor77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:59pm
I have a complete Naomi Net City set... Marquee holder with marquee instructions card and 2l12b Control panel... also think I have a coin chute cover and 100yen sticker somewhere too.

It wont be cheap though as it is all mint...

itsmeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsmeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 7:10am
Can you please send me some pic?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic