Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Modern Gaming
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Your other collection…..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thefro9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your other collection…..
    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 4:54pm
I’m collecting Switch games at the mo.
I only get games i’ll play. ( some i get on digital as easy for travel so case not opened )
Buying limited run etc and imports of retro collection shumup etc….
Cost goes up and down but some bargins to be found even on E-bay…..
Loads for under £20.

I’ve got over 100 games now.

Best ones:-     R-Type, Bayonetta 1
After in time :-   Thimbleweed park, messenger, 
Looking forward to :- turtles, wonderboy, river city girls zero.

what your collection like?
What type do you collect?
Best games?
Wanted?

Edited by Thefro9 - 11 Mar 2022 at 6:40pm
mysticmonk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 5:28pm
I reckon if you re-titled the post as something like "non-arcade collections" it might get a bit more traction.

One of my brothers has just about everything for everything, it's ridiculous. Except for the Sega Saturn, that is. I have a good few of them, although it'd be nice to get three dirty dwarves (and the game would be good too).

Other weird things I do look out for are original film posters. Been trying to get an escape from New York one for bloody ages with no joy.
Thefro9 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thefro9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 6:42pm
changed title to included any of your other collection, not just games:-

I also have a near perfect collection of G1 transformers 84-86
And a full set of smegzine the Red Dwarf comic.
Loads of tat that i love!

Thefro9 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thefro9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by mysticmonk mysticmonk wrote:

I reckon if you re-titled the post as something like "non-arcade collections" it might get a bit more traction.

One of my brothers has just about everything for everything, it's ridiculous. Except for the Sega Saturn, that is. I have a good few of them, although it'd be nice to get three dirty dwarves (and the game would be good too).

Other weird things I do look out for are original film posters. Been trying to get an escape from New York one for bloody ages with no joy.

Any pics of the posters?
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 6:46pm
PS4 games for me at the moment. So many good titles and cheap too

Wanted: Turtles collection, Wonderboy collection, a couple of VISCO games, Turrican collections...

Edited by neo-geo-mvs - 11 Mar 2022 at 6:51pm
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 6:49pm
That's a great collection of Switch games. Switch games always seem to be more expensive compared to PS4/Xbox
Thefro9 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thefro9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by neo-geo-mvs neo-geo-mvs wrote:

That's a great collection of Switch games. Switch games always seem to be more expensive compared to PS4/Xbox

Thats the switch tax for you.

Loads more to get, i like the chase for the hard to find.
I set my price limit and happy to miss out if it goes above.

User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Thefro9 Thefro9 wrote:

Any pics of the posters?

I've only got a few, but here's the last one I got a few months ago, and funnily enough it arrived the day I got an original novelisation of escape from New York which I mentioned above (bargain at a fiver, also collect odd books).

Posters are a little world of their own, bootlegs and all :p

In the 1 in a billion chance anyone has these posters, let me know..fright night, season of the witch, Aliens, any hammer horror :)
K1ngarth3r View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 10:29pm
That's an awesome poster of an awesome movie.

I must admit, I have fallen into a hole of collecting ex-rental VHS and pre-cert VHS as of late. Actually been going crazy with it. 
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by K1ngarth3r K1ngarth3r wrote:

That's an awesome poster of an awesome movie.

I must admit, I have fallen into a hole of collecting ex-rental VHS and pre-cert VHS as of late. Actually been going crazy with it. 

Yeah great film! I'm not a huge fan of Kurt Russell but he just so happens to be in a bunch of my favourite films.

A brothers friend is really big into vhs tapes, has walls of them. There's something really neat about the ads beforehand and bit of graininess and all that, plus there's loads of films that never made it to dvd. Remember when you'd get a slap on the head for not rewinding rentals!
gpc1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpc1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 10:49pm
I collect film posters too although the landscape version “quads” rather than portrait “one sheets”
Currently at somewhere between 4000 & 5000 and counting. Fortunately whilst they take up a lot of space the space they do take up is minuscule compared to the arcade hobby. Last time I catalogued them I worked out that put end to end you’d have to walk just over two miles to look at them all that’s a lot of wall space required.
Whilst some film posters are iconic it doesn’t always take that a good film has a good poster alas and flip side you can get a great poster for a bad movie still all have their merits to me
K1ngarth3r View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 10:51pm
I bet you have some amazing pieces, please post some of your favourites. 
gpc1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpc1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 11:06pm
Off the top of my head favourites to look at (displayed correctly in back lit frame of course) would be in no particular order
Any classic Disney cartoon, Indians Jones, any Star Wars, back to the future, Spider-Man (original tobey McGuire twin towers version), superman, lost in space, blast from the past, matinee, ghostbusters even the original scream was a good composition. Honourable mention to PIXELS given the forum I’m posting on.
To get all arty about it some are good for impact, some for the composition and some just to get in the right mood for a movie night I like a James Bond film as much as the next guy but generally I find the posters don’t try to hard but putting the poster up before planning to watch the film gets that vibe going like a trip to the cinema lol
Still on the lookout for an original UK Tron quad be nice to have in the games room and a lot cheaper than a Tron cabinet probably settle for a repro as chance of finding an original at a price I’m willing to play is unlikely

Edited by gpc1000 - 11 Mar 2022 at 11:07pm
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by mysticmonk mysticmonk wrote:

Originally posted by Thefro9 Thefro9 wrote:

Any pics of the posters?

I've only got a few, but here's the last one I got a few months ago, and funnily enough it arrived the day I got an original novelisation of escape from New York which I mentioned above (bargain at a fiver, also collect odd books).

Posters are a little world of their own, bootlegs and all :p

In the 1 in a billion chance anyone has these posters, let me know..fright night, season of the witch, Aliens, any hammer horror :)

I was around 11 when I first watched Big trouble in little China. I remember thinking it was the best film I'd ever seen, still one of my favourites.

Love that poster, I've got a reproduction one.
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 11:46pm
I'm back into console collecting at the moment. I tend to dip in and out sometimes with gaps of 5 or 10 years in between. I mainly collect Japanese stuff, Sega, Nintendo, NEC (can't afford Neo Geo.)

My favourite is the PC Engine. I've got 7 different PC Engine consoles, a couple of duplicates and over 100 games for it some of which I've owned since the early 90s.

It's a breath of fresh air collecting for consoles again as you can still find what you want for reasonable prices unlike arcade stuff.
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 11:56pm
Between 4 and 5 bloody thousand! Unreal.

Man, throw me a the escape from liberty head version of efny, aliens with newt and riply, and season of the witch, you won't even know they're gone!

Like I said I only have a few, went with the one sheets simply for being a bit smaller than the quads. Have the idea of setting up a bit of a cinema projector room (think cheap!) with the posters on display.

Picked up an LED projector last year and very pleased with it. Below was me testing it out, cabinet for scale :p

John Bennett View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 11:56pm
I've never really properly collected anything other than arcade games. I do like games consoles, but I think I'd be happy with multicarts, a pile of CDRs or ISOs on USB sticks than a fortune in original legit media. 
http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by _Matt_ _Matt_ wrote:

I'm back into console collecting at the moment. I tend to dip in and out sometimes with gaps of 5 or 10 years in between. I mainly collect Japanese stuff, Sega, Nintendo, NEC (can't afford Neo Geo.)

My favourite is the PC Engine. I've got 7 different PC Engine consoles, a couple of duplicates and over 100 games for it some of which I've owned since the early 90s.

It's a breath of fresh air collecting for consoles again as you can still find what you want for reasonable prices unlike arcade stuff.

Yep, when you're used to seeing the prices of arcade stuff, all of a sudden everything else is like buttons!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic