One year TRON restoration!

Bicton

Active member
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credits
114CR
Finally we are happy to say one of our big project restorations and iconic cabinet and grail machine for many of us finally ended and everyone is enjoying this great machine here in Arcade Vintage.

Last year I purchased this Tron in September 2014 from a friend forum member Thwocker from Holland, we arranged the pick up from Marco´s and everything was easy thanks to him.

The machine needed desperately a new bottom part due to the big humidity problem on the wood and all electric and game parts due to the corrosion... complete restoration was ahead to bring back this jewell to his former glory.

The task was difficult so I decided to relay the big task in my good friend Ricardo, Ricky2001 in the forums one of the best arcade technicians and enthusiast with incredible restorations, so I wait and prayed to him to accept this project ...and he said yes instantly with no doubt for this big challenge. :D

f6HUe3t.jpg2


The machine arrived to Alicante and after some weeks after I decided to put it in my truck to make another 900km trip to visit my friend Ricardo in Segovia.

LbtXhtM.jpg1


In Ricardo´s workshop with others great cabs waiting for future restorations...

rY7MXoE.jpg3


fhRLCK9.jpg2


pP43o0d.jpg2


Many jobs to start with and focus in the principal problems

RIQI1d1.jpg2


bldzR4a.jpg2


hyrdZ34.jpg2


Separate all the componets for a good clean, test and repair.

aAlTrSv.jpg2


zgyp9Aw.jpg


b1oEwOV.jpg


ddmzDyE.jpg


E2Eo3iz.jpg


Replace the bottom base and start to fill the damage areas.

bmLAzSa.jpg1


HXcNjnl.jpg2


rx9DPQb.jpg1


hxrSKhP.jpg2


Panel rust free and new panel overlay from www.phoenixarcade.com

UIzXHg0.jpg1


StA2M9Y.jpg1


83Rrg8b.jpg1


More rust free finish, coin door painted

3Xms1BC.jpg1


xwUWfZJ.jpg1


90SNgnX.jpg


M8QAOZ0.jpg2


All the major jobs to repair the wood taken and time to stand up again at last!

RzzGZei.jpg


Time to put it all back together, also new back doors done.

SlfaxVB.jpg1


This detail of restoration is awesome!

2NJT0wV.jpg


New marquee from www.phoenixarcade.com too, the quality is very good, also all the 4 tube lights changed.

Pwbr1cN.jpg


yWA0HMQ.jpg2


Ricky2001 on the left and his friend Javi who always help him in restorations.

ijdswsQ.jpg1


I was so excited when I saw this incredible level of restoration.

1KGu6cw.jpg1


Loading TRON and other machines restored by him.

qUejZ74.jpg1


My friend and copilot René accompanied me all the trip and we arrived at home at 4am after a 20 hours non stop trip. :eek:

GxtrUvj.jpg1


Finally saying good bye to Segovia from his Roman famous 1st century AD acueduct

XcWftWz.jpg1


Ricky2001 and Javi in our Arcade last May in the Arcade Con Event...Me personally and all the Arcade Vintage Asociation we will be always so thankful to Ricky2001 and his big dedication to restore our Arcades.

Bicton2015-10-09 00:14:00
 

bbz149

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
26 (100%)
Credits
1,608CR
Only 1 Year!
smiley36.gif
I have had mine for nearly 4 and still not done yet
smiley9.gif
Not had the time to do the Wood work yet and thought my Wood at the bottom was bad till I saw yours
smiley3.gif
Looks awesome now though Bicton and I now need to find time to get mine done after seeing yours! no side art yet for yours?
 

Jodo

Boy is this a machine!
Staff member
vacBacker
Feedback
15 (100%)
Credits
607CR
Legendary work! Hard to believe its the same cab! You've really inspired me to get on and finish my restoration of my TRON now
smiley1.gif
smiley32.gif
 
G

Guests

Guest
Lovely job sir,

That guy has some great resto skills for sure.

Very cool!!
 
Top