ARTCADE - The Book of Classic Arcade Game Art

Muppz

Active member
Feedback
6 (100%)
Credits
362CR
Not sure if anyone on here subscribes to Funstock but they are taking orders for the following book.

"'Artcade’ compiles some of the greatest coin-op
cabinet arcade marquees in a stunning landscape hardback book,
accompanied by interviews with artists Larry Day and the late Python
Anghelo. It is packed with 324 Pages and has been crafted in A4
landscape, Lithographic print, Sewn binding and protective spot
varnished dust jacket. It really is a sight to behold! I am a huge
arcade fan and seeing some of these glorious marquees (some which are
almost 40 years old) in such high quality is fascinating."

http://www.funstockretro.co.uk/artcade-classic-arcade-game-art-book

I'm not affiliated in anyway just though some folks might find it interesting
Apologies if I posted in the wrong area, this one seemed most appropriate.

Chris
 

RygarR

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
3 (100%)
Credits
408CR
Yeah, saw that one earlier on today. Looks pretty cool. If you subscribe to Funstock's marketing e-mails you can also get 5% off with the code SMART5. Dunno if it works for 'causal visitors' (!) - but worth a try.

Muppz said:
Not sure if anyone on here subscribes to Funstock but they are taking orders for the following book.

"'Artcade’ compiles some of the greatest coin-op
cabinet arcade marquees in a stunning landscape hardback book,
accompanied by interviews with artists Larry Day and the late Python
Anghelo. It is packed with 324 Pages and has been crafted in A4
landscape, Lithographic print, Sewn binding and protective spot
varnished dust jacket. It really is a sight to behold! I am a huge
arcade fan and seeing some of these glorious marquees (some which are
almost 40 years old) in such high quality is fascinating."

http://www.funstockretro.co.uk/artcade-classic-arcade-game-art-book

I'm not affiliated in anyway just though some folks might find it interesting
Apologies if I posted in the wrong area, this one seemed most appropriate.

Chris
 

aeroflott

A different league
Feedback
16 (100%)
Credits
1,052CR
Call me a miserable old git, but I'm struggling to grasp the point of this book.

Clearly a lot of love has gone into this, and something in me really wants to order it, but I can't get my head around spending 25 quid on a book of marquee scans.

Or maybe I'm just a miserable old git.
 

Dex-Jay

Active member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
375CR
"Call me a miserable old git, but I'm struggling to grasp the point of this book."

Nope, it isn't you. I just hope all the designers and artists get the credit they deserve for creating the artwork that goes on cabinets and I bet you they don't...
 

RygarR

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
3 (100%)
Credits
408CR
Think of it as an 'art pamphlet', but one that's (semi) acceptable to leave lying out on the coffee table.

Of course, if the original artists don't get due credit, that'd be a whole lot of bad karma.

But I think the whole point is that you have something physical to hold, look at and keep that's moderately interesting and doesn't involve staring at a screen...

aeroflott said:
Call me a miserable old git, but I'm struggling to grasp the point of this book.

Clearly a lot of love has gone into this, and something in me really wants to order it, but I can't get my head around spending 25 quid on a book of marquee scans.

Or maybe I'm just a miserable old git.
smiley2.gif
RygarR2016-01-09 09:18:02
 

Hurray Banana

Moderator
Staff member
vacBacker
Feedback
8 (100%)
Credits
2,738CR

CharlieFar

Active member
Feedback
1 (100%)
Credits
51CR
aeroflott said:
Call me a miserable old git, but I'm struggling to grasp the point of this book.

Clearly a lot of love has gone into this, and something in me really wants to order it, but I can't get my head around spending 25 quid on a book of marquee scans.

Or maybe I'm just a miserable old git.

I don't really get this book, either.

I enjoy seeing and playing on a dedicated cabinet that compliments the action of the game, but I can't see myself staring at these for long.

Also, unless the book really does lay flat (without breaking the spine); part of each marque will be lost in the centre join.

Then again, I might just be a miserable old git too...
 

minwah

Active member
Feedback
3 (100%)
Credits
238CR
I'm fairly interested in this, mainly for the more obscure games that I may not have seen before. I believe it will include some rare or unreleased artwork and work-in-progress drawings (I can't remember where I saw that, but I'm sure I did). Also a lot of marquee scans on the web are poor quality.

I would have liked to see the sideart, bezel, flyer art etc presented as well, but maybe that will make another book?...
 
Top