Imgur site blocked so background doesn't load anymore

eliotcole

Active member
Feedback
8 (100%)
Credits
1,032CR
If you have Firefox you can try my userScript workaround (above), alternatively, I have made it into a userstyle on Greasyfork, here:
You can use it as a style in the Stylish browser extension/add-on or as a script in something like Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey. 👍
Not sure, but recently the background on Dark blue seems to be missing or something, weird.

View attachment 65544
This old school UKVAC look rocks
 

Dave2084

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
7 (100%)
Credits
456CR
If you have Firefox you can try my userScript workaround (above), alternatively, I have made it into a userstyle on Greasyfork, here:
You can use it as a style in the Stylish browser extension/add-on or as a script in something like Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey. 👍

Errm, the admins should fix it. It's not rocket science!

If they can't be asked fixing this are they really keeping up with security updates for the site?
 

eliotcole

Active member
Feedback
8 (100%)
Credits
1,032CR
I don't know that anyone maintains this site as a job, @Dave2084 , but maybe they do. Either way, it may also be said that statements akin to your words below, which could be read as expectation/insistence, might not endear one to some folks in the world ... but I could be wrong ... have been a load in the past.
Errm, the admins should fix it. It's not rocket science!

If they can't be asked fixing this are they really keeping up with security updates for the site?

Plus, the site may not be run by someone with your obviously far superior amount of knowledge (at least compared to my own) and grammar nous ... so, it may, potentially, not be rocket science for them.
...It's not rocket science!
...
If they can't be asked fixing this ...

Then again, maybe it is ... and my ham fisted attempts to work-around such things for my own benefit and subsequently sharing for others that may wish to use them ... perhaps those are seen as frustrations by folks with more knowledge than either of us ... I truly don't know.

Either way ... apropos of nothing ... I make userscripts and userstyles a LOT, especially if/when UX/UI frustrates me ... but I am a special little snowflake, I'm sure.

That being said ... if those endeavours can help others ... all the better to me! 👍

If one does not wish to utilise them, or, one may already be using self-made solutions/work-around (again, obviously via far superior skills to my own) I'm sure that any given person is already doing so and will either ignore me ( and all of this 😅 ), provide more constructive feedback, or perhaps say nothing and see where things go. I dunno where you sit on all of this ... but I'm sure you're having as lovely a day as I am and I hope that continues for you. 👍
 
Top