Leicesters Iconic Landmarks, Businesses and Shops

Bods

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
5,298CR
I think everyone should do a Thread on there Home City and Surrounding Area what Iconic Landmarks, Businesses and Shops they had

The days when driving round Leicester, from South Wigston to Wigston you would pass Premier Drums :D
Good job some people think to take photo's of these places

1786363893981.png
1786364167929.png
1786364191738.png
 
Last edited:

Bods

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
5,298CR
I did wonder why the put this minature Statue Of Liberty on island before the old/new footy ground, I'd forgot about the Shoe Place, should have known really with my dad being in that industry

1787083776231.png
1787084019202.png
 

Venom

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
15 (100%)
Credits
785CR
Think i said this before but.....My dad used to do tv rentals in coalville and agar nook from 1972 onwards . As a kid i got a lot of free toys from his customers. i have a couple of star ward things you could not buy you had to send tokens in. i have a lot of figures still, i am not precious about them, my kids played with them they dont sit in drawers or in loft. i constantky repair action men heads! . i live in bristol now and this is the best blue plaque and sod going to balloon fiesta wr parked at screwfix
 

Attachments

  • 20250313_160057.jpg
    20250313_160057.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 3
  • 20260807_192312.jpg
    20260807_192312.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20260807_191857.jpg
    20260807_191857.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20260807_191958.jpg
    20260807_191958.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 3

Venom

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
15 (100%)
Credits
785CR
we need a picture of mayes computer shop a lot of atari st stuff was borrowed then pirated from there. i like the museum next to the space museum best took these last time visited my dad an brother
 

Attachments

  • 20250728_142044.jpg
    20250728_142044.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 3
  • 20250728_141613.jpg
    20250728_141613.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20250728_140934.jpg
    20250728_140934.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20250728_140855.jpg
    20250728_140855.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20250728_142214.jpg
    20250728_142214.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 3

Venom

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
15 (100%)
Credits
785CR
i lover everads brewery and pub near macro where i used to work. i know its a newer place but when i go back i try to go for a beer their
 
Last edited:

Shipwreck Arcade

Active member
Credits
345CR
Think i said this before but.....My dad used to do tv rentals in coalville and agar nook from 1972 onwards . As a kid i got a lot of free toys from his customers. i have a couple of star ward things you could not buy you had to send tokens in. i have a lot of figures still, i am not precious about them, my kids played with them they dont sit in drawers or in loft. i constantky repair action men heads! . i live in bristol now and this is the best blue plaque and sod going to balloon fiesta wr parked at screwfix
Nice, the old mail away star wars figures, awesome.
Vintage action man, cool. I've repaired a few in the past, re-string, head/neck posts, changing broken limbs etc.

Best era of toys by far
 

Bods

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
5,298CR
1787349675914.png

we need a picture of mayes computer shop a lot of atari st stuff was borrowed then pirated from there. i like the museum next to the space museum best took these last time visited my dad an brother

Was a Great shop and the Hi-Fi one. probably thought they were a bit grumpy in the shops when but then again I bet it was a nightmare when young kids were always in and out, I'd be grumpy if it was my shop :LOL:
1787349762472.png
1787349961039.png
1787349983242.png
1787350041761.png
 

Venom

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
15 (100%)
Credits
785CR
Wow that bring back memories, I was in there quite a lot !. I got my first sega game gear from there !

Items were"borrowed" sent to a guy I think called "teddy stacker" that then went of to some piracy groups to be hacked and then it was returned to stock ! My typical once a month journey would be bus into Leicester, visit friend in shop, go to forbidden planet or whatever it used to be called, pick up latestsversion of the darkside magazine then go round a friends house to share some software....... I remeber being picked up by the police in leicester for a identity parade line up . I agreed and forgot I had a load of video nasties in my plastic bag. They wanted to take the bag obviously while I was in the line up so I pushed it under my chair before i went in and luckily nobody looked in it. They had just installed a new identity bit and they F**d up with the light on where the witness was you could see the witness , they quickly turned the lights back off ! Happy days , I done a couple of line ups was pretty good money, only got picked out once, look like a stabber apparantly,
 
Top