Namco Galaxian

P-Man

International man of mystery
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
1,272CR
[ukvac] Namco Galaxian

Hi all..

I'm writing a page all about Galaxian, and I need a roll call, who here
owns a namco Galaxian, usually made by Bertolini.. ? I just got one from
a fellow ukvacer (Gerard aka puckman) and would like to know who else
has one, and if so, some pics.. so far, I can definatey say I've seen 3,
2 were fully dedicated, one was hacked and subsequently restored, but
done up with midway artwork..

Let me know if so... There's a bounty on a new hiscore for namco
galaxian, and the problem I have with this bounty is that the namco
romsets that twingalaxies refer to that are in mame actually differ from
the two original namco boardsets from the two dedicated namco galaxian
machines I've seen...

So maybe if you have a namco galaxian pcb that you think is all original
I'd like to hear from you too to see what romset you have..

Thanks!

Andy Welburn
www.andys-arcade.com
 

John Bennett

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
10 (100%)
Credits
5,244CR
Well you certainly have increased the traffic on here 100 fold.

This is what you should have done to resolve the problem without
flying off into a mad flame war

<UKVAC POST><Paul>Hi, I recently bought a Pole Position machine which
has died on me. I don't know anything about electronics so can someone
tell me where to start

<various people>Are you getting power to your cab, is the marquee lit
up, can you see anything on the monitor does it flash white when you
turn it on or off

<paul>yes there is power

<various people>check the voltages at the various test points on the
AR2 boards - you need to buy a £5 multimeter from Maplin if you dont
already have one, this is the absolute minimum requirement if you own
an arcade machine. If you dont have one, sell all you cabs and give up
arcade collecting.

<paul> There is no voltage on the 5v test point

<various people> turn your power brick upsidedown and check the
wiring, check for broken/loose connectors, etc etc, test voltage here
here and here

<paul>there is no voltage coming out of the bridge rectifier

<various people> you need a new bridge rectifier from here here or
here it will cost you £2-£5, if you can't solder then maybe someone on
the list will help you out

<paul> thanks for your help

__._,_.___
Messages in this topic (2) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

DATA Imported from archives: originally posted by Luke Wells (arcadeuk@hotmail.com)
 
Feedback
1 (100%)
Credits
9CR
I can solder and do have a multimeter and I can change a plug you cheeky feckers. I did do Physics you know!!!

Ohms Law V=IR

where I =amps and R = resistance

I = V/R

Amps = Watts/Volts

W= VA

I know what resistors look like and capacitors but do I hell no how to check them.

Paul Blythen
 

John Bennett

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
10 (100%)
Credits
5,244CR
and

if not V = (I*R) then fault := Oll

ROFL

If you have a meter and a soldering iron then why have you acted like
such a tool instead of just asking for some advice politly and spening
£3 on fixing it yourself. Someone could have talked you through
testing the power supply in 5mins.

Instead you've made everyone on this list aware never to trade with
you incase whatever they sold you breaks one day and you go mental
calling them all sorts of things.

> I can solder and do have a multimeter and I can change a plug you
cheeky feckers. I did do Physics you know!!!
>
> Ohms Law V=IR
>
> where I =amps and R = resistance
>
> I = V/R
>
> Amps = Watts/Volts
>
> W= VA
>
> I know what resistors look like and capacitors but do I hell no how
to check them.
>
>
> Paul Blythen

__._,_.___
Messages in this topic (4) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

DATA Imported from archives: originally posted by Luke Wells (arcadeuk@hotmail.com)
 

MikeDX

Active member
Credits
22CR
do not feed the trolls

On 25/10/06, Luke Wells <arcadeuk@hotmail.com> wrote:
> and
>
> if not V = (I*R) then fault := Oll
>
> ROFL
>
> If you have a meter and a soldering iron then why have you acted like
> such a tool instead of just asking for some advice politly and spening
> £3 on fixing it yourself. Someone could have talked you through
> testing the power supply in 5mins.
>
> Instead you've made everyone on this list aware never to trade with
> you incase whatever they sold you breaks one day and you go mental
> calling them all sorts of things.
>
> > I can solder and do have a multimeter and I can change a plug you
> cheeky feckers. I did do Physics you know!!!
> >
> > Ohms Law V=IR
> >
> > where I =amps and R = resistance
> >
> > I = V/R
> >
> > Amps = Watts/Volts
> >
> > W= VA
> >
> > I know what resistors look like and capacitors but do I hell no how
> to check them.
> >
> >
> > Paul Blythen
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
 
Top