Need new CPO but not sure what to go for

big10p

Coins detected in pocket!
vacBacker
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credits
5,976CR
Hi

Below is a pic of a cheap Play-A-Coin cab I got from ebay (listing pic so no, that's not me in the reflection
smiley1.gif
). The CPO was knackered, so I sanded the CP back to bare metal and sprayed it up, ready for a new CPO. MuddyMusic said he can sort me one out, but I'm not sure what sort of design to go for. I doubt I can get a replacement PAC one.

Thinking about replacing the marquee and bezel too, and theme the whole lot with something more colourful. The marquee and bezel glass are in really good condition though, and money is a bit tight at the mo (been a bit of a money pit, this cab
smiley18.gif
).

So, just trying to work out what to do, really. Thoughts/suggestions?

Cheers

PAC.JPG
 

muddymusic

The Repro Guy. Art and Parts supplier
Staff member
vacBacker
Feedback
52 (100%)
Credits
2,254CR
List your fave 3 games, I can see which has artwork for it. It always looks a little bit strange when the cpo doesn't match the rest of the cab when it's a distinctive design like that so might be a better idea to try to repro that one if you aren't doing the marquee and bezel too.
muddymusic2015-10-16 14:49:22
 

big10p

Coins detected in pocket!
vacBacker
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credits
5,976CR
Cheers for the reply, Olly. Yeah, getting a CPO to fit with the marquee and bezel is my main concern. Are you able to repro the PAC one, or at least one that's a close match?

I'm going to have the monitor vertical in this cab (initially, at least).

Favourite 3? So many to choose from
smiley1.gif
Pac-Man, for sure. Time Pilot and I love the Q*bert artwork. Not sure if any of these could be done with my twin stick CP, though? Could you suggest a theme that you can do and would suit this cab?

Cheers
 

stevebm1

Active member
Feedback
38 (100%)
Credits
1,232CR
it's sometimes just worth trawling the net to see what other people have done with the same style cab,themed cabs don't always look right if you have a 2 player panel on what was originally a 1 player game
 

big10p

Coins detected in pocket!
vacBacker
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credits
5,976CR
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I'll have a look around to see if I can spot a cab similar to mine. I'm leaning towards just getting a suitable replacement (repro, if posssible) of the original PAC CPO.

Cheers
 

muddymusic

The Repro Guy. Art and Parts supplier
Staff member
vacBacker
Feedback
52 (100%)
Credits
2,254CR
Full cab artwork usually works best if it's something that was originally done as a conversion kit, they are a little more generic and allow for different cp layouts.
I could redraw the cpo on that but would need a scan from either the cpo, marquee or bezel so I could make sure it matched the rest.

I've done a few full sets for cabs like that, things like Bubble Bobble, Final Fight and SF2 work well. Capcom stuff is usually quite easy to adapt to any cab.
 

big10p

Coins detected in pocket!
vacBacker
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credits
5,976CR
I could scan the marquee but wouldn't be able to get the whole thing in my scanner. I could try stitching a couple of scans together, although one side is just a mirror of the other side (apart from the text).

I was thinking about Robotron (one of my fav games). The CPO markings wouldn't fit with my CP layout though. This has been the main problem with all the themed CPOs I've seen so far.
 

muddymusic

The Repro Guy. Art and Parts supplier
Staff member
vacBacker
Feedback
52 (100%)
Credits
2,254CR
Multi part scans are no problem at all, it's how I do all my stuff.

Robotron would be nice, I could easily adjust the vector file to make the stick decals correctly line up with this cp layout,
 

big10p

Coins detected in pocket!
vacBacker
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credits
5,976CR
Oooh, now I'm really tempted to go for Robotron, Olly. What about the 1P/2P start button decals - can they be moved to the centre to match my button positions?

I hadn't thought about side art, but this cab is grey, so it would suit the Robotron side art, I think.
smiley1.gif
 

big10p

Coins detected in pocket!
vacBacker
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credits
5,976CR
That's great, Olly. I think it would be better to just lose the 1P/2P button decals. Would I need to give you some exact measurements of my CP, or is it a standard shape, size and layout?
 

muddymusic

The Repro Guy. Art and Parts supplier
Staff member
vacBacker
Feedback
52 (100%)
Credits
2,254CR
I'd need exact measurements, so total width, height of top section, height of front section, distance from edges to buttons and sticks.
 

big10p

Coins detected in pocket!
vacBacker
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credits
5,976CR
Did you get my PM with the measurements, Olly? I was just after a ballpark price of how much a CPO, marquee and bezel would cost. I know you must be very busy, though.
smiley1.gif
 

big10p

Coins detected in pocket!
vacBacker
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credits
5,976CR
Olly, if you sent a reply PM, I didn't get it. There's no hurry but I'm a little paranoid about PMs now, since you didn't get my first one.
smiley1.gif
 
Top