Weird explanatory title is so that I can find it, lol ...
Also ... before I get into it ... somewhere I have a memory that 'proper' HDR takes luminance / colour / whateverthefarkitallis beyond what a CRT can do ...
Also ... before I get into it ... somewhere I have a memory that 'proper' HDR takes luminance / colour / whateverthefarkitallis beyond what a CRT can do ...
Hewwo ... so ... back in the ancient times, I played Far Cry (the OG) on my PC and it was (and still is) one of the greatest games ever made.
💀 🙏 R.I.P. to LEANING 🙏 💀
Now (some time into its existence) the devs released an 'HDR Patch' and (if you can believe it) that patch made the game even more beautiful.
So ... if they could do that ... what are the barriers (some time into its existence) to 'HDR' on CRT displays?
The single quotes around "HDR" are semi-intentional, as I am (per the initial, right aligned caveats) aware that it might not be 'true' HDR. That being said, I'm discounting use of 'tone mapping' in the solution ... as it's (soz) not true enough for what I'm after here.
Finally, this is intended to stir ideas and thoughts ... so I am after a positive discussion on how it *could* be done. I will ignore rude/dismissive responses (or "it cannot be done" etc) as a result. Perhaps try to think of this as a "problem solving" discussion if that helps.
...I am not afraid to ask questions which twazzocks think are 'stupid' and reject the 'stack overflow' approach to community interactions ... but that's just me ... I digress.
There's a good chance that much of this has already been discussed elsewhere ... heck ... this whole thread could just be me talking to myself and using the thread as somewhat of a notepad! 😅
As I say, just looking to have something, here, about the whole thing ... heck ... if there's already a thread about this way of approach this ... happy to be pointed to it, or to point to it myself once I've done a little more than blurt all this out on to the thread! 😏
EDIT: Sorry, forgot to add ... I realize that 'peak brightness' and the whole brightness thing is a challenge, here.
EDIT: Final Discussion Point:
NO AI
Last edited: