So, a message popped up on my PC this morning to tell me Win7 is effectively dead i.e. there's no more security updates etc. Does this mean I'm forced to update to Win10 ASAP? I'm fine with sticking with Win7 but if that's going to leave it especially vulnerable to security exploits from now on, I'd rather not risk it.
I could really do without the PITA of installing another OS/drivers so may just see if I can pick up a cheap Win10 PC, maybe. Also, is it easy to get Win10 to look and function in the same way as Win7, as well as turn off all the MS data mining stuff?
Any advice much appreciated. Cheers.
P.S. Please no suggestions of Linux. I have software (and other reasons) that requires Windows.
big10p2020-01-15 17:47:19
I could really do without the PITA of installing another OS/drivers so may just see if I can pick up a cheap Win10 PC, maybe. Also, is it easy to get Win10 to look and function in the same way as Win7, as well as turn off all the MS data mining stuff?
Any advice much appreciated. Cheers.
P.S. Please no suggestions of Linux. I have software (and other reasons) that requires Windows.
big10p2020-01-15 17:47:19