Screen problems help needed plse

John Bennett

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
10 (100%)
Credits
5,246CR
[ukvac] Screen problems help needed plse
Sorry all if this comes out again I didnt think the first attempt worked.

Hi all and thanks for reading , I have a Jamma cab with a 20" Phillips
monitor in it and I just cant seem to get the whole game on the screen
without losing any of it, I have tried to adjust the controls at the back of
the monitor it moves the picture up or down. There is nothing there to
shrink the whole screen in.

I have been told that there is a way of doing it with a variable resistor
across something but dont know what. Can anyone please help me with this
problem or know where the resistor goes.

Many thanks and cheers for reading.

Stuart

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listen to Britany spears and more top artisits
now at audiohighway.com!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/395

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukvac
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications

DATA Imported from archives: originally posted by Stu (sbuc@freenet.co.uk)
 

John Bennett

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
10 (100%)
Credits
5,246CR
[ukvac] Re: Screen problems help needed plse
On Fri, 25 Jun 1999 00:27:14 +0100, you wrote:

>Sorry all if this comes out again I didnt think the first attempt worked.
>
>
>Hi all and thanks for reading , I have a Jamma cab with a 20" Phillips
>monitor in it and I just cant seem to get the whole game on the screen
>without losing any of it, I have tried to adjust the controls at the back of
>the monitor it moves the picture up or down. There is nothing there to
>shrink the whole screen in.
>
>I have been told that there is a way of doing it with a variable resistor
>across something but dont know what. Can anyone please help me with this
>problem or know where the resistor goes.
>
>Many thanks and cheers for reading.

There is a variable resistor (usually in front of the flyback) which looks
like a little tower, square at the bottom, then cylindrical to the top (it faces
upward on the circuit board). There will be a slotted disc in the top, this
controls the horizontal amplitude. Turning it clockwise will shrink the picture
horizontally (if monitor in normal position, otherwise vertically).

Be careful though, it's normally near some pretty high voltage gear, so a long
insulated screwdriver is a good idea...

HTH.
--
Scott < http://www.javascript-games.org/ >

< Homepage: http://www.quick-silver.demon.co.uk/ >
Dynamic site: DHTML games/music/general eye candy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listen to Britany spears and more top artisits
now at audiohighway.com!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/395

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukvac
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications

DATA Imported from archives: originally posted by Scott Porter (scott@quick-silver.demon.co.uk)
 

John Bennett

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
10 (100%)
Credits
5,246CR
[ukvac] Re: Screen problems help needed plse
Hi thanks for the advice but I cant seem to find the resistor your talking
about I have had a good look and its definitely not there.

Any more idea's ?

Cheers

Stuart



DATA Imported from archives: originally posted by Stu (sbuc@freenet.co.uk)
 
Top