supergun problems

arcadeheavenuk

Active member
Credits
30CR
[ukvac] supergun problems
I've got a guy with a supergun who says the screen wont hold (ie rolls) on his SFII but all his other boards are fine, also SFII works ok in his cab. Ever come across this ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
SIGN UP NOW FOR FREE HOME IMPROVEMENT HOW-TO'S
Receive seasonal how-to's and climate-specific advice via e-mail.
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/131

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukvac
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications
 

zepromz

Active member
Credits
77CR
[ukvac] Re: supergun problems
At 11:02 01/07/99 -0700, ANdrew Baker wrote:
>I've got a guy with a supergun who says the screen wont hold (ie rolls) on
his SFII but all his other boards are fine, also SFII works ok in his cab.
Ever come across this ?

You mean youve never had this problem in all the pcbs youve dealt?
Some put out sync at slightly "wrong" frequencies. TVs/Amiga monitors
are set to accept a certain range of sync. If the signal is a little low
or a little high for this range, you have to tweak the presets inside the
set to get it lined up. I have a few that do this, and a second monitor
with the internal controls a little more accessible, so I can check the
board is actually OK. This is not a problem in a cab, where youd expect
to have to do a little setting up, but on a TV or SCART monitor, things
arent always as simple.
Konami boards seem to be the worst offenders on my rig.

end
|----------------- P3TE - skitzo@dircon.co.uk -----------------|
|- Cardiacs / Thrash Metal / Arcade collecting / Guitar Tech --|
|---------- http://www.skitzo.dircon.co.uk/index.htm ----------|

------------------------------------------------------------------------
FreeShop is the #1 place for free and trial offers and great deals!
Try something new and discover more ways to save!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/381

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukvac
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications
 

arcadeheavenuk

Active member
Credits
30CR
[ukvac] Re: supergun problems
Most people who buy our boards dont use them in superguns !. I have a supergun but have never had this problem, could it be something to do with the TV, eg some tv's handle it better then others ?

<3.0.32.19990701191627.01342f5-@popmail.dircon.co.uk> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ukvac/?start=887
> At 11:02 01/07/99 -0700, ANdrew Baker wrote:
> >I've got a guy with a supergun who says the screen wont hold (ie rolls) on
> his SFII but all his other boards are fine, also SFII works ok in his cab.
> Ever come across this ?
>
> You mean youve never had this problem in all the pcbs youve dealt?
> Some put out sync at slightly "wrong" frequencies. TVs/Amiga monitors
> are set to accept a certain range of sync. If the signal is a little low
> or a little high for this range, you have to tweak the presets inside the
> set to get it lined up. I have a few that do this, and a second monitor
> with the internal controls a little more accessible, so I can check the
> board is actually OK. This is not a problem in a cab, where youd expect
> to have to do a little setting up, but on a TV or SCART monitor, things
> arent always as simple.
> Konami boards seem to be the worst offenders on my rig.
>
>
> end
> |----------------- P3TE - skitzo@dircon.co.uk -----------------|
> |- Cardiacs / Thrash Metal / Arcade collecting / Guitar Tech --|
> |---------- http://www.skitzo.dircon.co.uk/index.htm ----------|
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try our 6 NEW games! Download our FREE Software!
Join for REAL & get a FREE $20 CHIP!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/414

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukvac
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications
 

P-Man

International man of mystery
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
1,272CR
[ukvac] Re: supergun problems

>Most people who buy our boards dont use them in superguns !. I have a
supergun but have never had this problem, could it be something to do with
the TV, eg some tv's handle it better then others ?

Pete is right in the first instance, some TV's and monitors (especially
amiga monitors) only accept a certain frequency range, when i first
converted my commodore 1085s monitor for use with my supergun no games at
all would hold, apart from 'The Final Round' (which is pants anyway :)...

I opened it up and found the pot relating to the hold and messed about with
it until i got a stable picture on at least 3 boards... I now have close to
40 fully working boards, and they all work flawlessly...

So, solution? Unless your friend is willing to prize open his set and tweak
the pot, I suggest he gets another telly.. If he has a cheap make of telly
then there's your problem, i wouldn't trust a SSangYong, or Daewoo, or
Thompson, or Hitachi I've found them to be on the whole exactly what they
are sold as. Cheap and cheerful, but that's just my observation :) That
really is the only solution..

seeya!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try our 6 NEW games! Download our FREE Software!
Join for REAL & get a FREE $20 CHIP!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/414

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukvac
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications
 

arcadeheavenuk

Active member
Credits
30CR
[ukvac] Re: supergun problems
Thats what I though, We have a JVC which was quite exoensive and I have had no problems at all. Oh well I'll break the good news to him.

Cheers everyone who mailed me

<009101bec493$e1517080$700aa8c-@wendywel> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ukvac/?start=893
>
>
> >Most people who buy our boards dont use them in superguns !. I have a
> supergun but have never had this problem, could it be something to do with
> the TV, eg some tv's handle it better then others ?
>
>
> Pete is right in the first instance, some TV's and monitors (especially
> amiga monitors) only accept a certain frequency range, when i first
> converted my commodore 1085s monitor for use with my supergun no games at
> all would hold, apart from 'The Final Round' (which is pants anyway :)...
>
> I opened it up and found the pot relating to the hold and messed about with
> it until i got a stable picture on at least 3 boards... I now have close to
> 40 fully working boards, and they all work flawlessly...
>
> So, solution? Unless your friend is willing to prize open his set and tweak
> the pot, I suggest he gets another telly.. If he has a cheap make of telly
> then there's your problem, i wouldn't trust a SSangYong, or Daewoo, or
> Thompson, or Hitachi I've found them to be on the whole exactly what they
> are sold as. Cheap and cheerful, but that's just my observation :) That
> really is the only solution..
>
>
> seeya!
>
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try our 6 NEW games! Download our FREE Software!
Join for REAL & get a FREE $20 CHIP!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/414

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukvac
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications
 
Top