what programmer?

Zektor

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
312CR
Ok I've given up trying to get my Top2003 to read 2716's well at least when using XP. Can anyone recommend a reliable programmer that will connect to a PC running XP with no problems.
Mainly used for 2716 and 2732's
Thanks
 

John Bennett

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
10 (100%)
Credits
5,240CR
Galep-4 works in XP and will read / write those two along with more modern stuff.

Paul.

simon <simonjhanlon@btopenworld.com> wrote:
Ok I've given up trying to get my Top2003 to read 2716's well at least when using XP. Can anyone recommend a reliable programmer that will connect to a PC running XP with no problems.
Mainly used for 2716 and 2732's
Thanks

DATA Imported from archives: originally posted by Paul Hogger (simply.nes@btopenworld.com)
 

P-Man

International man of mystery
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
1,272CR
Quoting Paul Hogger <simply.nes@btopenworld.com>:

> Not 100% sure but I don't think so.
>
> Paul.
>
> simon <simonjhanlon@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> Cheers Paul, will take a look. can it program 82s137proms?

I have the GALEP-III which isn't that different from the 4, (the 4 has
a 42pin socket IIRR mine only has 40pin socket) and it can't do any
old bipolar proms because although it can match the voltages needed,
the galep can't match the current required to program them.

I spoke to engineers at Conitec, and while they agreed certain device
drivers might work in theory, the currents involved were above what
the programmer could supply in its specs. (from memory, there was a
50ma difference) If you were to write your own device driver for the
proms, you could bust the pin-programmable logic.

I did argue that it'd be nice to be able to at least _read_ from the
devices in question and not porgram as it could break the galep...
(programming needs much more current than reading) their arguement is
that they couldn't write the drivers needed without someone
complaining that they 'thought' that if the device was listed as
supported it could do both read and write. That, and the fact there is
virtually no demand to add support for these ancient old devices
except for crazy collectors like me.

Andrew Welburn

__._,_.___
Messages in this topic (5) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
 
Top