What's your coin op game of the week?

ptom98

Newbie
vacBacker
Credits
72CR
Trying to get new zealand story wrapped up.not gonna cheat and google all the warp zones though.bloody love this and liquid kids.that ones for next month though.

I love new Zealand story but have never completed it, I think that may be my next game.
At the moment playing Gradius, trying to 1 credit.... I may be awhile 😂
 

PAC-MAN

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
8 (100%)
Credits
493CR
Galaga!!

Never bothered with it, I don’t even remember playing it as always played Galaxian but....

I had the day off, nothing was planned. I was out on the mountain bike early and was back for just gone 08.00 so took a shower, grabbed some food then went into the games room which has become a thing every Sunday for the last six months.

Anyhow, I fired up the Bitkit which is installed in a PAC-MAN cabinet and ended up having a blast. I went from PAC-MAN to Ms PAC-MAN, to Jr PAC-MAN to Super PAC-MAN to Mappy to Dig Dug to Galaxian. I then took time out to see what other games the Bitkit will run and Galaga popped up, so installed it.

I didn't really know what I was doing, generally shooting everything in sight as you do and then the Tractor Beam beamed me up! I was amazed that the game literally stole my ship but I could see it at the top of the screen and it was obvious I could get it back and did. I shot it on the first attempt but got it second time around and we were then going well. A three hour session of Galaga ensued. I’m not that great at it so it will be a nice one to learn. I also learned that you do not get beamed up if you don't have any spare ships!!

Had a great day, an 80’s all day Arcade session kind of day, roll on next Sunday!

I was so close to quitting this hobby, happy I managed to hang in there.
 

soop

Newbie
Credits
27CR
I love new Zealand story but have never completed it, I think that may be my next game.
At the moment playing Gradius, trying to 1 credit.... I may be awhile 😂
I used to play it on the Amiga and I remember dying a lot on the Whale boss and panicking. That was the problem with limited continues, if you mess up, it's all the way back to the beginning.
I've been playing a bit of Cameltry this week. Never played it before, but it's really grabbed me. I think that era of Taito puzzle games is really strong, Plotting and Puzznic are also faves
 
Top