Chad's Arcade

chadsarcade

Lord of Vectors (tm)
Feedback
11 (100%)
Credits
443CR
Don't think I've ever posted my list and was prompted by Oll, so...

Asteroids Deluxe cabaret (currently hosting a ZVG)
Sinistar
Robotron (US)
Defender
Stargate
Gorf
Asteroids
Star Wars
Space Invaders (UR Model Racing gothic edition :)
Space Invaders Taito CT
20" BAS Jamma
26" BAS Jamma, currently housing an MVS 160-in-1
3 x ex bookie touchscreen cabs:
- one running pub touchscreen games and a video jukebox
- 2 partially converted to Jamma/emulators

And quite a number of boards incl R-Types 1, 2 and Leo, Salamander and other shooters... then stuff like Frogger, Track and Field and other mostly old stuff.

I've traded a number of cabs over the years too but it's been quite static recently. Need to get an Atari Space Duel/Gravitar so I can get a colour ZVG going and have a bash at writing some games :)
 

Alpha1

Do the Shake and 'VAC
Staff member
vacBacker
Feedback
95 (99%)
Credits
5,566CR
Chad... Come on dude. Pix or it didn't happen.

smiley2.gif
 
G

Guests

Guest
Everybody is scared of pics today.

Cool collection mind you, if it happened
smiley2.gif
 

chadsarcade

Lord of Vectors (tm)
Feedback
11 (100%)
Credits
443CR
Here's a quick couple of snaps of the dedicateds

Sadly a few of these have some issues at the mo.

I just fixed the Asteroids monitor this evening and now the board is playing up :(

Cabs1.jpg


Here's the other half of the wms cabs. The Asteroids Dlx at the end is running a ZVG.

Cabs2.jpg
 

chadsarcade

Lord of Vectors (tm)
Feedback
11 (100%)
Credits
443CR
stevebm1 said:
what's with the doorbell on the space invaders
smiley3.gif

Yes, very discreet, eh! It's a credit button, it was there when I got the cab - honest!

I've got the board in that cab modified to run from a single ROM with 3 other SI variants on there too. Games are selected via the very old-school method of flicking a couple of toggle switches inside the coin door - no fancy menus here :)

Flick a switch, wait for the game to barf and reset and off you go. Sometimes it doesn't crash and you get some interesting effects :)

The cab's the same as the Taito version only black rather than blue.
 

chadsarcade

Lord of Vectors (tm)
Feedback
11 (100%)
Credits
443CR
forcefulfil said:
awesome line up Chad!
Im one of the lucky ones who have seen/played these in the flesh!

great line up

phil

Cheers Phil, I remember when you first came over and had just started collecting, jaw dropping and saying you wanted most of the same cabs. Think I'm the padawan to your Jedi collection now though
smiley36.gif
 

RGP

Meeter & Greeter
Feedback
5 (100%)
Credits
2,039CR
Very nice sir! And if you know Phil then you're not far away from me either.

Don't let them give you stick about credit buttons lol, most of mine have them so I don't have to leave the coin doors open at parties.

My aim is to outfit all my PCB's as much as possible with free-play versions that let the attract screen run so as to prevent screen burn.
 

chadsarcade

Lord of Vectors (tm)
Feedback
11 (100%)
Credits
443CR
RGP said:
Very nice sir! And if you know Phil then you're not far away from me either.

Don't let them give you stick about credit buttons lol, most of mine have them so I don't have to leave the coin doors open at parties.

My aim is to outfit all my PCB's as much as possible with free-play versions that let the attract screen run so as to prevent screen burn.

Yeah I'm not too far away, near Chorley. I'll have to make it over to one of your bashes one day - unfortunately I'm away for your next one.

What I keep meaning to do for free credits is wire up a hidden switch behind the reject coin button. Or wire up P2 Start so it double duties as a credit button too... you can still start a 1P or 2P game that way. Good point on the screen burn, a lot of old titles had static screens when credited.
 
Top