Chad's Arcade

Fuzzy

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
18 (100%)
Credits
564CR
Nice collection!
smiley32.gif


Great to see so many great cabs here in the NW.
 

chadsarcade

Lord of Vectors (tm)
Feedback
11 (100%)
Credits
443CR
Chuckie egg said:
Nice collection mate c
How is your gorf holding up as I have herd they are a pig to fix ?

Ta! Gorf hasn't been too bad, touch wood. The monitor died a few years ago so I replaced it with a WG. Getting rid of the frame of the original monitor meant I could remove the black plastic bubble off the back of the cab, I replaced it with a bit of grille for ventilation. Contrary to popular belief, it's not the neck of the monitor that sticks out of the back door but the corner of the monitor frame.

I've got a couple of board sets to swap PCBs though should something go - at least I'd be able to isolate the fault and know which PCB to look at. Working on them isn't easy though with them all being in the cage.

I need to replace a few of the lamps - thinking of fitting some LED strips for power saving and reliability in the three "marquee" areas. It's running on a switcher but from a harness that plugs into the original unmodified loom.
 

chadsarcade

Lord of Vectors (tm)
Feedback
11 (100%)
Credits
443CR
Muppz said:
I've been in that dining room so many time its like a second home. Nice lineup Chad (wheres the dalek?)

Hi Muppz!!! The Dalek is just out of shot, but I've a pic of it playing Star Wars - not sure if I can upload it from my phone though so I'll do it later :)
 

chadsarcade

Lord of Vectors (tm)
Feedback
11 (100%)
Credits
443CR
Here you go Muppz - bit dark as it was foggy on Skaro, Dalek playing Star Wars. Mixing sci-fi somewhat...

The lights are el-cheapo purple Xmas light from B&M bargains, but they've a degree of UV to them so I keep them up permanently.

Dalek.jpg


This one's a bit clearer:

Dalek2.jpg


chadsarcade2013-04-19 12:00:20
 

chadsarcade

Lord of Vectors (tm)
Feedback
11 (100%)
Credits
443CR
chubsta said:
Lovely collection, of course i would say that as i also own a Defender, Sinistar, Gorf and Star Wars!

Great to see another Sinistar, not many around I guess....

Good taste :) I've had the Sinistar for about 10yrs now. The monitor has a little bit of foldover which I need to look at but it plays well. Gotta love the speech on it
 

Big Phil

Captain Phil
vacBacker
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credits
538CR
Right, that's it! I can't take anymore.

Chad, you ARE bringing this collection along to NERG
smiley36.gif


You've been voted(I'm speaking on behalf of everyone on here) as the UKVAC ambassador for North East Events
smiley36.gif


Let's take this to PM
smiley1.gif
 

chadsarcade

Lord of Vectors (tm)
Feedback
11 (100%)
Credits
443CR
Big Phil said:
Right, that's it! I can't take anymore.

Â?

Chad, you ARE bringing this collection along to NERG
smiley36.gif

I got half a game out of the Asteroids last night before the game board died, and most the other cabs have niggles. Don't think it would make for a very happy gaming experience as they stand at present I'm afraid
smiley19.gif
I'll see about putting some work in on them though.

Incidentally, what's the score with things like PAT testing if cabs are in use in a public event? Guess all the doors have to have working locks as well to keep folk out of the internal gubbins.
 
Top