Well, after starting th eprocess back in May, I'm please to finally disclose to the masses my newest cab at my place...
Yes, I love the HL2 games so much I decided to get the arcade version... As far as I know it only was released in Japan, and because the games were netwroked via the net, this system got decomissioned in Feburary 2010 and so I think allot of these machines have reached their shelf life.
Having seen one touted via and email and after much negocations that resulted in them whanting to only do the deal for a 20- foot container full of cabs, I managed to find another site selling a pair recommended by a fellow arcade collecting chum!
So months and months of waiting, organising crating, shipping and trakcing the ship from Japan, via the Suez and Rotterdam, I collected it this morning!!! In a particularly dumb move I had attanged to collect the pair in crates form Southampton, only to find the crates were too big for the tail lift lutons. Argh!.... So Unpacking commenced with apair of dodgy screwdrivers and allot of sweat and tears...
I also had a nightmare getting them on the van as even without crate they were 2" heigher so single-handedly had to lift each to 45 degrees and drag them inside...
Top it off with a jobsworth demanding I flatpacked and took the crates...
So again, more lifting and this time draging the leg levellers over the ply of the van was an absolute killer!!! But one, then the other, finally got haulled out of the van juttinginto RKD to drop on the false floor
Each cab had the top attraction panel and a manual shrinkwrapped to it
tada! Unpacked:
And thus unwrapped and waiting for me to power convert....
Smeg... 100V only... SO now ordered a big f**koff stedown, two power cords and can only just drool at my newest acquisition
and one for the techniess:
Basically a windows 2.4ghz system, and I particualrly like the 4-way hub bolted in
Loads more pictures at:
http://www.retrokade.com/images/cabs/hl2-survivor/
Very cool brochure showing off what the games about:
http://www.arcadeflyers.com/?page=thumbs&db=videodb&id=5374
More info as an when I cna plug the bloody thing in LOL!
Ravage2010-08-18 19:01:21
Yes, I love the HL2 games so much I decided to get the arcade version... As far as I know it only was released in Japan, and because the games were netwroked via the net, this system got decomissioned in Feburary 2010 and so I think allot of these machines have reached their shelf life.
Having seen one touted via and email and after much negocations that resulted in them whanting to only do the deal for a 20- foot container full of cabs, I managed to find another site selling a pair recommended by a fellow arcade collecting chum!
So months and months of waiting, organising crating, shipping and trakcing the ship from Japan, via the Suez and Rotterdam, I collected it this morning!!! In a particularly dumb move I had attanged to collect the pair in crates form Southampton, only to find the crates were too big for the tail lift lutons. Argh!.... So Unpacking commenced with apair of dodgy screwdrivers and allot of sweat and tears...
I also had a nightmare getting them on the van as even without crate they were 2" heigher so single-handedly had to lift each to 45 degrees and drag them inside...
Top it off with a jobsworth demanding I flatpacked and took the crates...
So again, more lifting and this time draging the leg levellers over the ply of the van was an absolute killer!!! But one, then the other, finally got haulled out of the van juttinginto RKD to drop on the false floor
Each cab had the top attraction panel and a manual shrinkwrapped to it
tada! Unpacked:
And thus unwrapped and waiting for me to power convert....
Smeg... 100V only... SO now ordered a big f**koff stedown, two power cords and can only just drool at my newest acquisition
and one for the techniess:
Basically a windows 2.4ghz system, and I particualrly like the 4-way hub bolted in
Loads more pictures at:
http://www.retrokade.com/images/cabs/hl2-survivor/
Very cool brochure showing off what the games about:
http://www.arcadeflyers.com/?page=thumbs&db=videodb&id=5374
More info as an when I cna plug the bloody thing in LOL!
Ravage2010-08-18 19:01:21