My new cab(s): Half-Life 2 Survivor

Smraedis

Active member
Credits
105CR
I played this a few times when it was at the Trafford Centre, not bad but Time Crisis 4 was taking most of my money at the short time it was there.
 

IDCHAPPY

KANFU Master
vacBacker
Feedback
9 (100%)
Credits
1,523CR
I wonder where that one went to then?
smiley1.gif
 

stevearcade

The Trevor Horn of UKVAC
Feedback
1 (100%)
Credits
194CR
This style of cab is very popular in Japan at the moment. There are very many of them playing all sorts of first person shooters and/or tank command style games.

They are very immersive and furthermore embrace the current massive trend in gaming. You know, as opposed to knocking heads against the massively popular console/PC based FPS genre, why not give the kids something from a FPS they can't have at home?! Very good design. Thanks for sharing.
 

Sirjess

Newbie
Credits
8CR
HL2 is one of my favorite games and this machine is so many kinds of cool. Did you guys see the seat lite up on that video? AWSOME!!!

I wonder how the gameplay would be though. You should give us your review of it.
 

IDCHAPPY

KANFU Master
vacBacker
Feedback
9 (100%)
Credits
1,523CR
Sirjess said:
HL2 is one of my favorite games and this machine is so many kinds of cool. Did you guys see the seat lite up on that video? AWSOME!!!

I wonder how the gameplay would be though. You should give us your review of it.

The seat is brilliant
smiley1.gif
, I only realised it lit up when I watched the video
smiley1.gif
 

Ravage

Administrator
Staff member
vacBacker
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credits
2,359CR
The controls are fairly fluid on it - the crouch and jump as pedals perhaps the hardest to get your head around :)

Theres three areas in the game - the first is the original game - so you can play thru it chapter by chapter. The second being a multiplayer - but unfortunately at present this needs a minimum of 4 cabs to be doable (but I'm working on that!) and lastly some challenge mode thats allot of fun!

Up until smraedis' comment about there being one in the Trafford centre I had thought this hadn'tmade it out of Japan. They did do a Naomi style upright but I've never had luck tracking them down.

The multiplayer required a master server system to be running which got shut down (allowing weekly tournaments between all the arcade linked up) and so the machines started to come off site - thats when I was able to grab a pair and frankly save them from the chop!

Just to wet your appetite, heres the demo mode:


Ravage2013-07-18 07:40:32
 
Top