1992 mortal kombat restoration

musashi

User
Credits
13CR
thanks for the advice I have removed the buttons and soaked them in soapy water which has worked a treat! they defiantly had drink spilt on them.. hate when people don't respect other peoples property.
During cleaning them I noticed I have x4 white buttons.. there should only be 2. Does anyone know where I could find x1 red and x1 blue to replace the white ones I have?

20170603_162804.jpg
 

musashi

User
Credits
13CR
are these "happ" buttons? there are to types of switches for these, one just pops off when screw removed, the other is held by 3 plastic pins which has to be wedged out. I'm sure there is a name for these but I am struggling to find which exact ones I need..
 

musashi

User
Credits
13CR
Was put on hold due to house rennovating.. so haven't got any further forward I'm afraid..
I do also need to remove the joysticks but dont have the tool to :(

there are small pins as well on the control panel which I don't know how to remove..

I would like it done but don't have the tools or know how :(
 

campbell87

User
Credits
56CR
Yea, I think they are security screws. You should be able to get the information from the manual. Ive got a MK2 cab on the way, which I got from the states. So il be doing a restore on that. It will be my 2nd arcade machine. Look forward to seeing how you get on, once you find time again .
 

musashi

User
Credits
13CR
Mine is a US version I think and from what other members speculate. I have cleaned inside the cab so its free from dust and cobwebs now, the buttons were sticking and sorted those by hot water method.
Looking forward to restoring it but need some help as well :(
 
Top