Every Number#1 Song of 1984!

Shipwreck Arcade

Active member
Credits
346CR
They were just filling a box that would be a melting plastic at some time.

Used the money to buy a shit OLED telly. Now replaced with a super £28 Pioneer Plasma 🤘
Reminds me the time in the late 90s when i was a bit skint and took my boxed minty Atari Jaguar with 4 boxed games to Cash Converters and exchange the lot for a Sony Vhs player! 😜👍
 

John Bennett

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
10 (100%)
Credits
5,246CR
I remember the 80's as litter everywhere and lots of run-down broken stuff. I did love the music as a kid though. I think I'd done my my 80's pop revival by the mid 90's though :D. I still love old stuff, just not the tunes I've heard a squillion times.

Got to admit, I find it a bit cringeworthy that so many adverts are digging up the same old 80's and 90's songs though. Feels like the path's well worn now and we should move on.

Anybody that posts Phil Collins 🤢
Yeah, not a fan.

This is brilliant though (granted it's the Peter Gabriel era).
 

Bods

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
5,299CR
I remember the 80's as litter everywhere and lots of run-down broken stuff. I did love the music as a kid though. I think I'd done my my 80's pop revival by the mid 90's though :D. I still love old stuff, just not the tunes I've heard a squillion times.

Got to admit, I find it a bit cringeworthy that so many adverts are digging up the same old 80's and 90's songs though. Feels like the path's well worn now and we should move on.


Yeah, not a fan.

This is brilliant though (granted it's the Peter Gabriel era).

Quite like the Album myself, got the CD. Got the Vinyl of Duke also which was my Parents but they didn't like it but I do so I nabbed it
 

Shipwreck Arcade

Active member
Credits
346CR
I remember the 80's as litter everywhere and lots of run-down broken stuff. I did love the music as a kid though. I think I'd done my my 80's pop revival by the mid 90's though :D. I still love old stuff, just not the tunes I've heard a squillion times.

Got to admit, I find it a bit cringeworthy that so many adverts are digging up the same old 80's and 90's songs though. Feels like the path's well worn now and we should move on.


Yeah, not a fan.

This is brilliant though (granted it's the Peter Gabriel era).
I'd prefer a few broken bottles and dog shit about compared to a broken society in a 15 minute city.
 

Body pop

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
24 (100%)
Credits
1,247CR
Great memories of those tunes
Loved most things about the 80s
Would I want to go back to the 80s probably not
Still listen to 80s music quite a bit
 

Body pop

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
24 (100%)
Credits
1,247CR
Where is the white dog shit these days?

I read it is to with their diet now.

I prefer white dog shit on the path to a bag of dog shit left on the path
The white dog shit I thought was just dog shit that had lay forever
🤣don’t get me started on them bags of shit .why bag it and not put it in the bin .hanging on trees and fences .id take a chance and leave it before bagging it and hanging it up at least the rain and feet will remove it
 

Shipwreck Arcade

Active member
Credits
346CR
Villages abandoned after the coal mines closed, shipyards closing (my dad losing his job), riots. It wasn't all larger tins of roses.
I've grown up and always lived in South London. Definitely has changed! and not for the better!
London and England was a better place.
Kids used to play out till dark, now they worried about some little pricks who think they're gangster carrying machetes or guns. Old people used to chill on benches, now they worried about getting rolled or worse. There was space and character to areas, now any bit of spare land they are chucking up high rises that a few years ago they were ripping down and saying on documentaries how bad and demoralising they were!?
Businesses and shops all closed down with a few random charity shops, bookies, takeaways and dodgy barbers left in their place!

It's pretty obvious why and how things have changed, but you'd probably get into trouble for speaking the truths.
Definitely was better from what i remember in the 70s,80s,90s.
And there were larger tins of roses.
 

Shipwreck Arcade

Active member
Credits
346CR
The white dog shit I thought was just dog shit that had lay forever
🤣don’t get me started on them bags of shit .why bag it and not put it in the bin .hanging on trees and fences .id take a chance and leave it before bagging it and hanging it up at least the rain and feet will remove it
White dog shit was historically funny when we were growing up. 😂
I've said it before, but when i see people picking up fresh hot rank stinking dog shit it still looks weird to me!
Yeah yeah yeah i understand environment, respect for others, the law, blah blah, but in my day if someone picked up fresh dog shit, people would of called them a nutter and legged it.
 

Bods

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
5,299CR
White dog shit was historically funny when we were growing up. 😂
I've said it before, but when i see people picking up fresh hot rank stinking dog shit it still looks weird to me!
Yeah yeah yeah i understand environment, respect for others, the law, blah blah, but in my day if someone picked up fresh dog shit, people would of called them a nutter and legged it.

I wouldn't have a dog not because I don't like em but there is no way I'm picking up a steaming fresh turd to put in a bag :LOL: you couldn't even walk em at 3am now to avoid it because you'll be recorded on someones ring door bell or other camera's on there house in surveillance state Britain, can't even walk across the park past the church without some muppets camera's announcing your being recorded with his camera's pointing everywhere but his own garden, wouldn't be so bad if it's just recorded on a hard drive that's over written in a few weeks but these cheap things now connected to internet with footage be accessed by anyone and his dog probably and now ya TV's even spying on ya if you have modern ones connected to internet or not

I agree though it wasn't all good in the 80s, there was a lot of crime but then that's caused by drugs and the wealth gap, it's all created at the end of the day but it was much better than it is now, other day I popped over me dads to drill some holes and tap threads for some switches as he had right size screws and taps, I popped in chippy over near there, couple walked out from the coop car park together both walking along starring in to the black mirrors like frickin zombies, it's sad to see the state of people these days hypnotized by technology, we had the computers and consoles at home and the arcades to go in, not glued to the technology just there to enjoy but still we were out on bikes enjoying outdoors too.

This made me laugh and reminds you that it wasn't all good back then:ROFLMAO:
 

CMYKhazi-Dan

Saikyo Style 💪
vacBacker
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credits
1,445CR
F
I wouldn't have a dog not because I don't like em but there is no way I'm picking up a steaming fresh turd to put in a bag :LOL: you couldn't even walk em at 3am now to avoid it because you'll be recorded on someones ring door bell or other camera's on there house in surveillance state Britain, can't even walk across the park past the church without some muppets camera's announcing your being recorded with his camera's pointing everywhere but his own garden, wouldn't be so bad if it's just recorded on a hard drive that's over written in a few weeks but these cheap things now connected to internet with footage be accessed by anyone and his dog probably and now ya TV's even spying on ya if you have modern ones connected to internet or not

I agree though it wasn't all good in the 80s, there was a lot of crime but then that's caused by drugs and the wealth gap, it's all created at the end of the day but it was much better than it is now, other day I popped over me dads to drill some holes and tap threads for some switches as he had right size screws and taps, I popped in chippy over near there, couple walked out from the coop car park together both walking along starring in to the black mirrors like frickin zombies, it's sad to see the state of people these days hypnotized by technology, we had the computers and consoles at home and the arcades to go in, not glued to the technology just there to enjoy but still we were out on bikes enjoying outdoors too.

This made me laugh and reminds you that it wasn't all good back then:ROFLMAO:
Who Woke up @Bods? lol 🤣🤘

Sarah Connor isn’t answering my calls!
 

Shipwreck Arcade

Active member
Credits
346CR
No one said there was no crime in the 80s
But compared to the amount of different dodgy shit that goes on nowadays and the types of crime and people !
It's not the same.
 

Bods

Senior Member
vacBacker
Feedback
4 (100%)
Credits
5,299CR
No one said there was no crime in the 80s
But compared to the amount of different dodgy shit that goes on nowadays and the types of crime and people !
It's not the same.
The reason people probably don't see crime in person so much these days compared to 70s 80s is because most happens online and you don't see the amount of people getting scammed, kids to busy hypnotized by tech to be out on the street, unless your in London with stabbings, phone, watch, jewelry thefts at an all time high

Best part is they say we need more CCTV and Facial recognition to combat all this stuff yet we have millions more CCTV everywhere now than 20 years ago and crime hasn't gone down, it's gone up but we need even more to keep you safe :ROFLMAO: Camera's don't prevent crime, they don't stop someone getting stabbed they just might see who done it only for them to be let back out of prison after a short sentence to do same again so it's all absolutely pointless and nothing to with cutting crime anyway, chip shops now have more CCTV than banks had in early 2000s and you have staff a local tip wearing bodycams and even staff in some kwik Fit branches, security in shops because they allow thefts all by design to convince people more camera's, facial recognition, ID Checks, proving your age is going to make it all better while drugs are allowed to get worse. Didn't need that in the 80s did ya so yes 80's were a ton better and so was the music :D
 

Shipwreck Arcade

Active member
Credits
346CR
The reason people probably don't see crime in person so much these days compared to 70s 80s is because most happens online and you don't see the amount of people getting scammed, kids to busy hypnotized by tech to be out on the street, unless your in London with stabbings, phone, watch, jewelry thefts at an all time high

Best part is they say we need more CCTV and Facial recognition to combat all this stuff yet we have millions more CCTV everywhere now than 20 years ago and crime hasn't gone down, it's gone up but we need even more to keep you safe :ROFLMAO: Camera's don't prevent crime, they don't stop someone getting stabbed they just might see who done it only for them to be let back out of prison after a short sentence to do same again so it's all absolutely pointless and nothing to with cutting crime anyway, chip shops now have more CCTV than banks had in early 2000s and you have staff a local tip wearing bodycams and even staff in some kwik Fit branches, security in shops because they allow thefts all by design to convince people more camera's, facial recognition, ID Checks, proving your age is going to make it all better while drugs are allowed to get worse. Didn't need that in the 80s did ya so yes 80's were a ton better and so was the music :D
Spot on loads of good points Bods 👍
The only thing i would pull you up on is, the less crime in person nowadays bit!
I have been out and about through all the decades and you didn't see or hear about nearly as much crap as nowadays. Years ago you'd hear a speeding police car with sirens blaring and think 'Ooh, someone's in trouble!' Because it was quite rare then. Now they're flying about everywhere and you see dodgy situations on transport and in the streets & shops happening tons more than past decades. Not even close.
There's a lot of crime done by certain people that is covered up or they get a free pass on many circumstances.
Police can't be bothered or too busy trying to arrest someone for hurty words.
Your right the amount of surveillance and security in different sections now is very telling and disturbing.
Remember when you could just walk into any primary and secondary school. Now they're like a little prison. I wonder why that is?
And the amount of shit dumped on the streets now is mental.
I just took this picture while on the way back from the gym after a strong viking workout. Look what the rats dumped.
20260915_130547.jpg
And there was about 6 more other places nearby with other large dumped crap! Plus bottles, fastfood, tins, nappies etc just chucked anywhere along the roads and pavements, wherever they fancy just lobbing it!
Certain people don't respect this country and don't give a shit.
So yeah, there's vastly more crime and negative people about now compared to the 80s etc.
 
Top