great thread! looks amazing 
frothmeister said:Wowsers buddy it looks incredible. I take my hat off to you for all the hard work you've put in.
Can I register my interest straight away for the surplus machine !
Got another massive atari resto planned myself already for next year and think a Jedi would go really nice alongside it.
Cheers
Danny
RygarR said:Well done Jimmi. You've done an amazing job. That is a sight to behold. You've breathed new life into a tired old shell. If only you could do the same with people! Now get cracking with RotJ no. 2...
ianski said:This is surely a candidate for the restoration showcase thread.
Amazing result love how crisp everything looks,
it goes to show great results are possible with the right effort.
I feel for you regarding the mess ups but thanks for including them
Theres a lot of valuable info here for someone doing a similar job.
Its been cool watching john's i,robot resto along with this one too.
Definitely interested in seeing how you mame the cab,
I might do similar, it would be cool to play firefox etc. in this cab.
Thanks for all the posts and detail and well done on a superb restore![]()
Alpha1 said:ianski said:This is surely a candidate for the restoration showcase thread.
Amazing result love how crisp everything looks,
it goes to show great results are possible with the right effort.
I feel for you regarding the mess ups but thanks for including them
Theres a lot of valuable info here for someone doing a similar job.
Its been cool watching john's i,robot resto along with this one too.
Definitely interested in seeing how you mame the cab,
I might do similar, it would be cool to play firefox etc. in this cab.
Thanks for all the posts and detail and well done on a superb restore![]()
?
Good call - we'll move it over soon!
neil1637 said:Brilliant thread pal. Loved reading it from start to finish.
Good to see and read about the deliberate mistakes, we all make and learn from them.
Happy Christmas
dj_yt said:A great post. That's the thing about restorations - you could always do them better second time around!
Thankfully it sounds like you'll get that chance.... although I don't know if I could handle doing the same machine twice.![]()
smarty said:This is one kick-ass resto, well done for all the effort that's gone into it, really impressive work all round, you've totally transformed it back into an very tidy cab. Great game too!
![]()
Russ J said:know that is just minty arcade freshness right there mate,a job very well done sir....![]()
I've had the pleasure of seeing this in the flesh when it was all broken down and unrecognizable and to see it know all fully built up and looking brand new is just fantastic Jim....hats off to you mate you said you would get there in the end and you have,looking forward to having a go (I have old 10ps as well
).....I'm not that good at the game so hints and tips would be appreciated![]()
![]()
Jodo said:Well that's just about the best Jedi restoration I've ever seen![]()
Out of interest, how did you manage to contact joeycuda on KLOV? I'd heard he was no longer doing these bezels and was not answering any requests to do so?
Jodo said:Out of interest, how did you manage to contact joeycuda on KLOV? I'd heard he was no longer doing these bezels and was not answering any requests to do so?