Return of the Jedi Restoration in 7 Easy Steps

bbz149

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
26 (100%)
Credits
1,608CR
Looks mint!!
smiley20.gif
 

iamjimmi

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
8 (100%)
Credits
492CR
frothmeister said:
Wowsers buddy it looks incredible. I take my hat off to you for all the hard work you've put in.

Can I register my interest straight away for the surplus machine !

Got another massive atari resto planned myself already for next year and think a Jedi would go really nice alongside it. :)

Cheers

Danny

You know, if I come to sell it I would love for it to stay in the community rather than ebay it to a random. But no idea what to value it at, the black vinyl alone cost well over £200!! But given it took two years to restore this one, that's not a question I'll have to concern myself with for quite some time!
 

iamjimmi

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
8 (100%)
Credits
492CR
RygarR said:
Well done Jimmi. You've done an amazing job. That is a sight to behold. You've breathed new life into a tired old shell. If only you could do the same with people! Now get cracking with RotJ no. 2...

I'll second that... I wish I could turn the clock back to how I looked in 1984!
 

iamjimmi

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
8 (100%)
Credits
492CR
ianski said:
This is surely a candidate for the restoration showcase thread.
Amazing result love how crisp everything looks,
it goes to show great results are possible with the right effort.

I feel for you regarding the mess ups but thanks for including them
Theres a lot of valuable info here for someone doing a similar job.
Its been cool watching john's i,robot resto along with this one too.

Definitely interested in seeing how you mame the cab,
I might do similar, it would be cool to play firefox etc. in this cab.

Thanks for all the posts and detail and well done on a superb restore :)

It was actually quite therapeutic getting those c*ck up demons off my chest and into print! Thanks for listening!
 

iamjimmi

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
8 (100%)
Credits
492CR
Alpha1 said:
ianski said:
This is surely a candidate for the restoration showcase thread.
Amazing result love how crisp everything looks,
it goes to show great results are possible with the right effort.

I feel for you regarding the mess ups but thanks for including them
Theres a lot of valuable info here for someone doing a similar job.
Its been cool watching john's i,robot resto along with this one too.

Definitely interested in seeing how you mame the cab,
I might do similar, it would be cool to play firefox etc. in this cab.

Thanks for all the posts and detail and well done on a superb restore :)

 

?

Good call - we'll move it over soon!

OMG! All the pain will have been worth it
smiley32.gif
 

niknak

Raffles the gentleman thug
Feedback
7 (100%)
Credits
172CR
My god that's brilliant with some great explanations along side! I love reading resourcefulness and research, truly fascinating. Well done mate, it looks brand new.
smiley32.gif
 

Mr20to5

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
1 (100%)
Credits
1,365CR
Brilliant thread pal. Loved reading it from start to finish.

Good to see and read about the deliberate mistakes, we all make and learn from them.

Happy Christmas
 

dj_yt

Active member
Feedback
3 (100%)
Credits
787CR
A great post. That's the thing about restorations - you could always do them better second time around!
Thankfully it sounds like you'll get that chance.... although I don't know if I could handle doing the same machine twice. :)
 

Russ J

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
1 (100%)
Credits
233CR
know that is just minty arcade freshness right there mate,a job very well done sir
smiley32.gif
....

I've had the pleasure of seeing this in the flesh when it was all broken down and unrecognizable and to see it know all fully built up and looking brand new is just fantastic Jim
smiley32.gif
....hats off to you mate you said you would get there in the end and you have,looking forward to having a go (I have old 10ps as well
smiley36.gif
).....I'm not that good at the game so hints and tips would be appreciated
smiley9.gif
 

smarty

Ready Player One
vacBacker
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credits
1,302CR
This is one kick-ass resto, well done for all the effort that's gone into it, really impressive work all round, you've totally transformed it back into an very tidy cab. Great game too!

smiley20.gif
 

iamjimmi

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
8 (100%)
Credits
492CR
neil1637 said:
Brilliant thread pal. Loved reading it from start to finish.

Good to see and read about the deliberate mistakes, we all make and learn from them.

Happy Christmas

Thanks Neil. Hindsight is a wonderful thing! Happy Christmas too!
 

iamjimmi

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
8 (100%)
Credits
492CR
dj_yt said:
A great post. That's the thing about restorations - you could always do them better second time around! 
Thankfully it sounds like you'll get that chance.... although I don't know if I could handle doing the same machine twice. :)

Hopefully I have made every mistake possible, so the next one should be breeze - famous last words!
 

iamjimmi

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
8 (100%)
Credits
492CR
smarty said:
This is one kick-ass resto, well done for all the effort that's gone into it, really impressive work all round, you've totally transformed it back into an very tidy cab. Great game too!

smiley20.gif

"Most Wanted Cabs - Return of the Jedi" - a man of great taste!
 

iamjimmi

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
8 (100%)
Credits
492CR
Russ J said:
know that is just minty arcade freshness right there mate,a job very well done sir 
smiley32.gif
....

I've had the pleasure of seeing this in the flesh when it was all broken down and unrecognizable and to see it know all fully built up and looking brand new is just fantastic Jim 
smiley32.gif
....hats off to you mate you said you would get there in the end and you have,looking forward to having a go (I have old 10ps as well
smiley36.gif
).....I'm not that good at the game so hints and tips would be appreciated 
smiley9.gif

Yeah bring yer 10ps Russ! I will be curious to see what you think of the Mame Star Wars - you above all people will be able to advise how authentic it looks and plays. I have actually got Star Wars playing on it, but the front end is quite buggy.
 

Jodo

Boy is this a machine!
Staff member
vacBacker
Feedback
15 (100%)
Credits
607CR
Well that's just about the best Jedi restoration I've ever seen
smiley1.gif


Out of interest, how did you manage to contact joeycuda on KLOV? I'd heard he was no longer doing these bezels and was not answering any requests to do so?
 

iamjimmi

Active member
vacBacker
Feedback
8 (100%)
Credits
492CR
Jodo said:
Well that's just about the best Jedi restoration I've ever seen 
smiley1.gif


Out of interest, how did you manage to contact joeycuda on KLOV? I'd heard he was no longer doing these bezels and was not answering any requests to do so?

It was a good year ago, maybe more, when I sent off for them, so perhaps he's no longer doing them. That will be a shame cos they were great quality....
 
Top